Position: Lead Carpenter
Type: Full Time | 12+ weeks
Metro Properties is located in Downtown Kalamazoo and focuses on the Investment, Development and Management of Residential, Retail and Office properties. Our goal is to offer unique properties and provide high quality service to our tenants.
We are looking for an experienced, versatile, and high quality lead carpenter to oversee multiple commercial bar and restaurant improvement projects in Downtown Kalamazoo.
- Utilize blueprints and drawings to construct walls, floors, roofs, trim .. etc.
- Perform light tasks on electrical, plumbing and mechanical work.
- Responsible for managing materials, maximizing resources and managing workflow.
- Manage projects to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Overseeing & coaching staff and subcontractors.
- Provide high quality installations, at the lowest possible cost.
- A positive "can do" attitude.
- 3+ yrs experience with high quality construction projects and finishes.
- Well organized, with strong planning experience.
- Ability to manage, coach and lead staff.
- The desire and ability to work 50+ hours per week, including weekends as needed.
- Positive work history of dependability and performance.
- 12+ week project
- 40 - 60+ hours per week
- Mon thru Fri - 8am to 5pm
- Sat/Sun - as needed
- Competitive Market Hourly Rate or Salary, dependent on experience
- Performance Bonuses
- Opportunity for long term role.
- Complete Application w/questions
- Phone Interview
- Background & Reference Check
- Onsite Interview
- Trial Project
Thank you for your consideration!